Registered Dietitian – Care Transformation & Innovation
Southwestern Health Resources, a national leader in population health, is looking for a qualified Registered Dietitian to join our Care Transformation & Innovation team.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career at a patient-centered organization with work-life balance and comprehensive benefits, we want to hear from you.
• Work location: This position provides service Remotely and in the Primary Care Practices
o Travel required as needed monthly in office at SWHR Corporate Headquarters, 1603 LBJ Freeway, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234
• Work environment: Care Transformation & Innovation
• Work hours: Full-time, 40 hours weekly, Monday through Friday
• Salary range: $27.74 – $42.25 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Please note: The Registered Dietitian is employed by SWHR. SWHR is a clinically integrated network formed by Texas Health and UT Southwestern.
Southwestern Health Resources (SWHR) is a patient-centered clinically integrated network of 29 hospital locations and more than 5,500 physicians and other clinicians. Formed by Texas Health and UT Southwestern, two of the region’s leading healthcare systems, SWHR delivers nationally preeminent, highest-quality care in 16 counties across North Texas. SWHR is also the parent organization of Care N’ Care Insurance Co., a regional Medicare Advantage Plan serving more than 13,500 members in the region.
The SWHR network includes physicians from UT Southwestern and Texas Health, and independent community primary care and specialty physicians. In partnership, our team implements physician-driven, value-based care strategies to coordinate care for more than 700,000 patients, resulting in lower costs and high-quality care. In 2020, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services released the annual financial and quality results and, based on the report, SWHR is one of the nation’s leading Next Generation Accountable Care Organizations, having saved nearly $120 million since joining the program in 2017.
• Bachelor’s Degree Dietetics, Food & Nutrition, or Other Related Field Required
• 3 Years Relevant Experience in Outpatient Nutrition Counseling, including Provision of Individual and Group Classes Required
• Knowledge of specific Regulatory, Managed Care Requirements Preferred
• RD – Registered Dietitian Upon Hire Required
• CDE/CDES – Certified Diabetes Educator/Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist within 12 Months of Hire Required
Position Responsibilities SWHR Registered Dietitian supports the physician network by providing individualized nutritional assessment, education, and management to patients with chronic conditions who are at risk for disease progression, complications, cognitive and functional decline. In collaboration with the physician and interdisciplinary team, the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist develops and implements individualized care plans designed to promote the patient’s understanding and management of their condition, optimize quality of life, and improve clinical outcomes. Additionally, this role will develop various nutritional programs for the network, such as group classes, provider and public facing digital nutrition education content, and serve as subject matter expert in designing appropriate nutrition solutions for population health management. This position provides service remotely, and in the primary care practices. Utilize Nutrition Care Process effectively to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy to assigned patient populations. Utilizes current research and evidence-based standards of practice to develop, analyze, and coordinate a comprehensive plan of patient education activities, including goals assessment, planning, implementation, and needed resources to support improved patient outcomes:
• Plans and implements nutrition education (classes and individualized education) remote, in person, and web-based environments.
• Provide assessment, teaching and follow-up instructions to program participants referred to nutrition counseling as part of care management and disease management programs.
• Create digital programs such as virtual nutrition counseling, health campaigns and blogs to a broad audience of providers and patients.
• Utilizes current evidence-based practice and research to design educational content that is provider and patient-facing.
• Serves as clinical nutrition expert to the multidisciplinary team (referrals to Mom’s meals, strategies for food insecurity, etc.).
Additional duties as assigned.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Registered Dietitian will:
• have strong analytical and organizational skills
• have working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in work environment
• have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• demonstrate appropriate knowledge of medical nutrition therapy standards of practice
• have the ability to participate effectively in interdisciplinary team conferences specific to complex cases
• demonstrate knowledge of NCQA and HEDIS standards
Why Southwestern Health Resources
As a Southwestern Health Resources you’ll enjoy: comprehensive benefits, including a 401(k) with match; paid time off; competitive health insurance choices; healthcare and dependent care spending account options; wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy; tuition reimbursement; a student loan repayment program; and more.
Moving healthcare forward
At the heart of SWHR are people who help people. We care about those we serve and each other. To be the national leader in providing population-based healthcare, our more than 850 employees use their knowledge, data insights and clinical experience to deliver care to the right patient, at the right time and in the right setting. By connecting physicians to patients and clinical insights to better outcomes, SWHR lowers costs, optimizes value, and builds a better healthcare system for all.
We invite you to learn more about us at www.southwesternhealth.org.
Let’s move healthcare forward – together.
• Combining the strengths of UT Southwestern Medical Center, Texas Health Resources and more than 2,500 community physicians, we offer the largest provider network in North Texas. SWHR covers approximately 700,000 patient members across 16 counties in North Texas.
• SWHR is the parent organization of Care N’ Care Insurance Co., a leading regional Medicare Advantage health plan organization that serves approximately 17,000 patients in North Texas.
Additional perks of being a SWHR Registered Dietitian
• Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
• Positively impact patients’ quality of life
• Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
• Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore Southwestern Health Resources Careers for more information and to search all career opportunities.
Our Recruitment team invites you to contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/7eY6r6frNDgjtJbNI7b7j