Company: Texas Tech University
Position Offered: Open Rank Professor – Clinical Nutrition
Application Due: Review of applications will begin on September 15, 2023
Type: Nine-month, Tenure-track
Position Availability: January 1, 2024 or negotiable
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications
The Department of Nutritional Sciences (NS) is seeking two energetic faculty members with demonstrated research excellence in the area of Clinical Nutrition to join a growing department with 19 full time faculty positions. The successful applicant will contribute to the university’s mission through teaching, research, and service by serving as a faculty member in our accredited graduate programs that include approximately 152 students in doctoral and master’s degrees and dietetic internship. NS faculty also have the opportunity to teach in the growing undergraduate programs of over 600 students across our majors, minors, and concentrations, which includes an accredited didactic program in dietetics. Clinical faculty also provide clinical services and supervision at NMHI. All NS faculty engage in service activities with the department, college, university, community, and the profession. Candidates who have very strong records of contributing to scholarship supported by extramural funding and who have the proven capacity or clear potential to contribute to bringing externally sponsored research to Texas Tech University are encouraged to apply.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses, face to face and online.
- Mentor MS and PhD students and assist in recruitment of graduate students.
- Develop and maintain a high impact scholarly research program in clinical nutrition or a related area, via publications and external funding.
- Engage in outreach activities and perform service to the department, college, university, and the profession through involvement and leadership in national and or international professional associations.
- Contribute to clinical services at our Nutrition and Metabolic Health Initiative (NMHI) facility which provides multidisciplinary interventions related to nutrition, obesity, and lifestyle and nutrition focused interventions for other diseases (e.g. diabetes, cancer).
- An earned doctorate in dietetics, nutrition, or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated record of effective teaching at the college level, commensurate with rank.
- Demonstrated strong record of peer reviewed publication and potential to obtain extramural research grants and engage in collaborative research projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact successfully and work harmoniously with colleagues and students in a diverse community.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology and online delivery methods.
- Leadership within the area of discipline and profession
- Clinical experience in dietetics, nutrition, or related field
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and have a Texas Dietitian License on or before the first day of employment
- Experience in mentoring students in a clinical setting
- Experience working with diverse student populations and first-generation students is highly desirable.
This is a unique opportunity to join an expanding department that is committed to educating future leaders in nutritional sciences, and promoting basic, translational, clinical, and community research and teaching excellence. We offer several infrastructure and collaborative resources within the department and College of Human Sciences (COHS) and the Texas Tech System:
- The Department of Nutritional Sciences, in the COHS, has several faculty with strong basic, clinical/translational and community research programs focusing on obesity and co-morbid conditions such as diabetes, cancer, clinical nutrition, nutritional biochemistry, nano-nutrition, adipocyte biology, culinary medicine, food insecurity, and community-level interventions.
- The Department of Nutritional Sciences offers three Bachelor’s degrees, three Masters degrees (including an online MS offerings), and a PhD degree. It is a strong department with a Nutrition/Dietetics undergraduate option and a Dietetic Internship/Master’s Degree Program that are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). Other undergraduate options are Pre-professional Health Careers; Nutrition, Health, and Wellness; and Secondary Teacher Certification in Hospitality, Nutrition, and Food Science.
- Our Nutrition & Metabolic Health Initiative (NMHI) provides clinical research facilities, resources, staff and faculty to support our mission to become a nationally recognized clinical research institution. http://www.depts.ttu.edu/hs/ns/nmhi/
- The faculty in the Department of Nutritional Sciences are involved in the Innovation Hub to assist entrepreneurs in the formation of technology startup companies. https://www.depts.ttu.edu/research/research-park/#
- The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center offers a wide range of collaborative opportunities in health sciences.
About Texas Tech University
Focused on advancing higher education, health care, research and outreach, the Texas Tech University System is taking a leading role in meeting the global challenges of today and the future. Our component institutions –Texas Tech University, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Texas Tech School of Law, Angelo State University and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso are impacting the lives of individuals, not only in West Texas, but across the entire state, country and the world. Texas Tech University is a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI).
The City of Lubbock, Texas is a vibrant community of over 265,000, located in the southern portion of the Texas panhandle. Surrounded by agriculture, the community’s main businesses are agriculture, education, and medicine. Lubbock is a major medical hub with University Medical Center housing a Level 1 Trauma Center as well as the Texas Tech School of Medicine.
All employees are expected to exhibit and convey good citizenship within the program, the department, college, university activities, collegial interactions, and maintain the highest standards of integrity and ethical behavior.
Please apply online at http://www.depts.ttu.edu/hr/workattexastech/ using requisition number 34521BR.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
For Additional information contact: Dr. Nik Dhurandhar (Nikhil.Dhurandhar@ttu.edu)